Friday, November 16, 2007

A funny thing happened on the way to the church


A few weeks ago I answered the phone and one of my neighbors said I was needed at the church or they were going to forfeit. So being the good neighbor, I jumped in the car and hurried down to play volleyball. I can't even tell you if we won or not, we just did not forfeit. The next week, I showed up again, ready to play, the other team forfeited. This also was the last game of the regular season. Well our little team did so well that we went to region play last week. We played 4 games, back to back, against some really good teams. It was about 4 hours of playing, it was fun but I was tired and elated all at the same time when I finally got home. The funny results at the end of that night was that we qualified for region tournament. So tonight 6 housewives (not desperate) will pile into my van and travel to Hurricane for the region tournament. Someone please laugh now!! I will let you know how big my trophy is. (Don't be jealous Napoleon). I had enjoyed being a mom and watching Emily play (or dance, fix her hair, stand there), and wasn't thinking that I needed something else. I am really loving it, but we are not that good, so I must laugh.
UPDATE: We looked really good and one our first set. It was doulbe elimination, but we had 1 1/2 hours to go until our next game. So we went to dinner. We all ate way to much, but really had a nice time. When we went back to our game, all the food just sat there--except for my 2 diet cokes. We played a team that was really into it and had their own cheering section--not fun. So we lost that and went to the loser bracket. We played the team we beat at the beginning, but this time they had been playing all night and were really alive and we were ready for nap. In 3 games we lost. Sad...3rd place. Oh well, maybe next year.

2 comments:

Gudgell said...

I am sure that your success is due to several factors: 1) That volleyball (old style) was the only sport your mother excelled in; 2) your early upbringing in Oakland 4th Ward where they were the reigning all church champions when they discontinued all church tournaments AND where your father was one of the few "white guys" that was invited to play with all the Hawaiian players.

Alex, Nicholas and Lukas' family said...

I can't believe that you actually one the first game of the doubel header! Congarts!