Thursday, December 13, 2007

Called to SWERVE!!

Here is a list of things I haven't done: Christmas cards, neighbor gifts, blogged about my Christmas tree, cleaned my house... The list could go on and on. The reason--a new calling in my ward. Be careful what you pray for. I needed to feel needed, and boy is there a lot to do. My new calling--YW Secretary. I have felt so overwhelmed since receiving this calling. I was really quite content and happy in nursery. Little planning, kids that gave me hugs (constantly), reading, playing, not wearing shoes. Now we are trying to get a whole year of YW organized, meet all the girls, figure out who goes with which name, make sure there are activities each Tuesday and lessons each Sunday and that we all can do the rest of the things that we do also. When I am missing Christmas gifts this year, at least I will have something to blame it on. It will be great, to be with Emily in YW and I will work hard to letting her have her space and not being to motherly. I got to go with the Beehives on Tuesday all 18 of them, which was a lot of fun. We have about 50 YW in our ward which will make me work hard, but hopefully will be very rewarding, so far it is.

2 comments:

Gudgell said...

I am glad to hear more about your new job. I assume that you have been released from Nursery. I know that they won't let Brian be in there alone, so what is he doing? We too, are getting excited to see you guys. In Dad's vernacular 10 more get ups.

m

The Randall's said...

Wow congratulations. That is way exciting. It's also nice that you have such a big group of YW in your ward. Good luck. See you later this week.

Anne