Saturday, January 19, 2008

Hannah Rocks!!



Oh, the noise, noise, noise. Do I sound grinch-ish? I don't mean to, but that is what it was. Taking our girls and a friend to see Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus/Aly & AJ was an event worth waiting for. Right after school we made the journey to Sin City USA (when you have children that city looks dangerous!). We checked into our hotel, Meagan paid for it, and then went to park and eat before the concert. Meagan was enamoured by Las Vegas. She even wants to go their for her birthday. Oh, what she doesn't get. Ashley however told her dad to stop calling it "The Strip", what a good girl she is. I forgot what smoke filled rooms casinos were. YUCK. But we made our way and got to our concert way before it started. The MGM Grand is huge we walked forever it seemed. The anticipation was great, lots of overpriced trinkets and shirts were flowing. Thank heavens we bought shirts at various retailers before the show. The lights dimmed and the crowed (which was sparse) went wild. There was excitement in the air. Aly & AJ came on for 1/2 hour and even sang the "Potential Breakup Song". A highlight for my girls. Emily and Courtney sang, jumped, danced for the entire concert. After a 25 minute break Hannah herself came on with 3 or 4 costume changes. She sang and them Miley came on and sang with a couple of costume changes. Since we were on Pacific Time, Ashley got a bit tired towards the end. Meagan sang constantly during the whole concert while sitting on Brian's lap. We wonder where she gets it. The best part (at least for me and Ashley) was when Billy Ray Cyrus came on with Miley during the encore. Even Ashley, who had almost been asleep was awake for this. It was fun to take our girls to their first concert. Now they can wait 10 years before they go again.

3 comments:

Gudgell said...

What an exciting thing to do. I got excited for you. I am glad that you had the experience together. Las Vegas is an interesting place. That is where I bought your mother's Flamingo Slippers.....Las Vegas, at Dillards.

Alex, Nicholas and Lukas' family said...

Wow, you guys! I can read your blog once again!!! I figured it out. I'm glad you had great time in Vegas. I have to admit it's one of my favorite cities to visit. I always look forward to going back. And... I thought Hannah and Miley were the same person??? Am I totally out of it? I guess it's ok since I'm not a teenage girl (thank goodness). We miss you. We still might come during my spring break though.

The Randall's said...

Way cool. I don't know why you didn't just come to Salt Lake to see Hannah. Meagan, I didn't know you were so loaded. Paying for the hotel? Wow. Invite me to your next party.