Monday, September 24, 2007

Up and running!!

Here goes. I was inspired by a family friend down here who has a great blog site, and thought (though you didn't ask for it) that it was a great way to keep in touch on our lives (boring as that may be). My goal is to write a couple of times a month with activities that have occurred. We shall see how it goes.
With September coming to a close it is weird to think where the month has gone. I have spent a lot of time subbing at the elementary school. Twice a month I rotate through a number of different classes for 45 minutes to 1 hour. This is fun in that I get to see different things in different grades, but my favorite days are spent in one class room. I am not ready to go back to work full time yet, but I love being in school. I am sure I will think twice about it in the spring. I just really want to pick which school to go to. I don't want to teach in Enterprise.
Emily turning 12 was quite an event. Her birthday seemed to drag on forever (she gets that from her dad). She loves going to Young Women's and mutual on Tuesday nights. We gave in and got her "clear" mascara. It made her feel better and made her dad feel old.
Ashley loves school (surprise!!), and has taken Meagan under her wing. With Emily being so busy and "so old" she and Meagan have really become pals. This is great and they play hard together. Ashley even helped Meagan learn to ride her bike without training wheels. (More on this later). She has developed quite the fashion sense and we never know what she will be wearing, or why it takes so long to get dressed. Life is full of surprises when your with Ashley.
This brings me to Meagan, who is happy and full of confidence now that she is riding. However, as she left the house today, wanting to ride to school, she soon discovered that riding on the sidewalk is scary (she prefers the road). Thus, the bike stayed at home and she walked to school. A bit more practicing and she will be there. She has discovered Math and loves to come home and tell us how easy it is. With the cool weather this past week, the girls walked out of the house on our way to school and announced that it "Feels like Bountiful". I think we were all ready for some cooler temperatures.
Brian is staying very busy. Sometimes I have to remind him that it is ok if he doesn't answer his phone. He puts on about 3500 miles a month, and just because he goes somewhere in the morning that doesn't mean he will stay there. He loves being in the stores and working on projects there or solving problems. We love it best when he comes home. We have a very long DADDY DO LIST, and slowing, but surely, it is getting accomplished.
Ok, maybe not the most exciting blog, but it is good for me to write. Come visit!!

6 comments:

Carole Brown said...

That was very fun to read. Leave it to Liz to be so technologically savy. You are always way ahead of me, but I would love to follow and do this same thing some day.

I don't know if this will even get posted, but we sure miss you and are happy to have sent you some "Bountiful" weather.

Stay happy.

Love,

Carole and Ocho

Anonymous said...

I love hearing what you are doing each day. Could you write on this that often, to help out an old grandmother?

I love the picture on your blog. Who is the wonderful photographer?

Perhaps we could set up one of these for the missionaries to do weekly...hmmmmm?

Love,

Granny Nanny

Cluff Family said...

Cute blog! Kudos to Liz. I am impressed you did it without my help. We just love your family and feel grateful you live so close to us and sad for the poor Bountiful people who are out one great family!

Anonymous said...

It's so nice to hear from you guys! Sounds like you are having fun. I don't know if we will recognize Emily next time we see her, with the long lashes and all. We sure miss you guys, Katie and Megan especially!

Love,
The Seegmillers

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily,

How's your cowboy boyfriend? I miss you, are you really comming on UEA?

Love ya,

Katie

Anonymous said...

Hey! Trish clued me in on your blog and we have officially bookmarked it. We will be checking to see how diligent you are in updating it! Hope all is well with everyone.

As I type this, I'm watching snow fall out the window. Which is a waste of time since I just spent 2 hours feeling it soak me to the bone at Tagg's football game. Jealous?

We miss you, but I'm sure we'll see you on the next St. George pilgrimage.

Eric