Sunday, October 7, 2007

In Search of the Great Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe


I am in quest of the perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe. Yesterday I found another recipe that claimed to be, and we gave it a try. I know I have done fairly good when Brian will sit down with 3 or 4 and a tall glass of milk to eat them. He will not do this with any cookie. The requirements for good at our house are:
  • Chewy (must be soft)
  • Crispy (on the outside)
  • Taste good (ok, obvious)

My oven is where I am learning still, its the convection part I am having trouble with. I made browning last week that after cooking for time period required were still soft and runny. After doubling the time they were not much better.

We are also debating at our house milk vs. semi-sweet. I am a semi-sweet fan, but others (we won't name names) are milk. I really don't think the cookies taste right with milk chocolate. There will be a poll on this blog so you can vote for your favorite.

Anyway, I have two good cookies, but am willing to try yours, just send them too me. I am looking for ordinary chocolate chip cookies--no fancy stuff. These is a link to the one from RecipeZaar (#101041) that I like and the other is from Paula Deen. Enjoy!

No comments: