Monday, October 27, 2008

20 Years & Disneyland

Brian had his 20-year High School Reunion last week, and we decided why not make a vacation out of it if we are going to Southern California anyway. Disneyland is much more fun than Brawley!! So we checked my kids out of school (AGGGHHHH!) and headed to California. Meagan did not love the fact that they took her apples when we got to the border. She was sure on our way home when we stopped for the border patrol that they would give her her apples back.

We met up with my brother Rob and his family. We left Disneyland early on Wednesday so we could go to the beach for an hour or so on Wednesday night. Brian and I got caught by a wave that was bigger than we thought it was going to be (we weren't going to get wet) and Brian lost his flip flop. We could see if being taken out to sea. The girls rushed to get it, while we were telling them not to worry, we didn't care if he didn't get it back. Ashley being the noble daughter, bent down to get just as the waves came crashing in on both sides and over her back. But when she came up she had the shoe. She drank a bit too much of the salt water and was drenched, but she had the shoe.

On Friday, my Aunt Janet and Uncle Tom came down for a few hours to hang out with us at the park. This was fun, to have them with us and they are good sports for many of our favorite rides. We stayed at the park until 11:30 and were exhauste
d when we got back to the hotel. Unfortunately, we wanted to get up early to get to Brawley.

Once in
Brawley, we needed to hang out at Brian's old spots. Johnny's for lunch (yum!! cheese fries) and a drive around town. We took the girls to see their Aunt Laurie's grave, which they cleaned off nicely. Brawley has grown a new hotel and a Wal-mart. We had a nice visit with his friends parents and then went to the reunion. It was a nice evening, and Brian was able to catch up with lots of people from high school.

The road out of Brawley is full of curves and dips (there is a metaphor there), if you have ever driven it, you don't forget it. It is a tummy twisting ride--not for the faint of heart. We warned the kids, but our car sick Meagan didn't quite make it. Oh it just adds to the trip. We have now done the wash, slept (a little), and are back at school--it makes last week look really good and it was.

8 comments:

Michelle Thompson said...

That looks so fun. I wondered where you guys were on Sunday.

The Mama said...

Oh, I am so jealous. I wish I could go home again too! Just for the Johnny's part and I'd stop by the cemetary too. I would only do it now because it's nice enough weather by now, right? So why didn't they have the Reunion around Cattle Call Weekend those big losers. Go Brawley High!!

Todd and Janette said...

Did you know that we went to Disneyland on our Honeymoon? It was MAGICAL!!! :)
How about the haunted mansion this time of year..."I'M JACK, THE PUMPKIN KING"
I didn't know Brian was so OLD!!! 20 year reunion already. Mine isn't for another 7 or 8 years!!!
Seeing your girls at the beach brings back fond memories of Oceanside. You make us SMILE!!!

Gudgell said...

I am so glad that you had such a good time. I am glad that you are back. I have been listening to your music this morning. It is nice. I love the Halloween stuff. I notice that you have a counter, can you put one on mine. If you do, I will sew for you when I get home.
m

Gudgell said...

I am so glad that you had such a good time. I am glad that you are back. I have been listening to your music this morning. It is nice. I love the Halloween stuff. I notice that you have a counter, can you put one on mine. If you do, I will sew for you when I get home.
m

The R. Gudgell Family said...

Todd and Janette...that is more information than we wanted!)

Liz, how come i barely made the blog, savannah and thomas are going to be upset also!

Sheri said...

Liz-Looks like you guys had a good time. When are you coming up to Bountiful to party?-Sheri

Alex, Nicholas and Lukas' family said...

Sounds like a great trip! I can't believe you never invite your other brother's family. Seems like someone is playing favorites... :)