Friday, October 31, 2008

Tribute

Sometimes in life we are reminded about how short life is. I have been blessed to constantly learn from many incredible women (and I continue to meet them, I think I must have a lot to learn). Last week, my aunt died. I related a lot to her as she joined the family. She was only 8 years older than me, a teacher, loved kids, a mom, liked to throw parties and have people over to her house, and had an incredible heart (I am still trying for this). With the taste of death I am again reminded that we must not put off tomorrow what we want/need to do today. Her sister Elyse read this poem at the funeral.

That Woman is a Success...
(Barbara J. Burrows)

Who loves life
and live it to the fullest;
who has discovered and shared
the strengths and talents
that are uniquely her own;
who puts her best into each task
and leaves each situation
better than she found it;
who seeks and finds
that which is beautiful in all people...
and all things;
whose heart is full of love
and warm with compassion;
who has found joy in living
and peace within herself.

2 comments:

Michelle Thompson said...

What a wonderful poem. Thanks for sharing it. It sounds like she was a wonderful woman. One that I have always wanted to be more like.

Sheri said...

Liz-I am sorry about your aunt. I have also recently had some experiences in my own family that echo your thoughts on not putting off what we can do today-particularly when it comes to our relationships with those we love. I am sorry for your loss.-Sheri